I couldn’t resist the play on words. We like to think the RAG Committee listens to every member of the Risk & Assurance Group (RAG), and also considers demand and appetite across the whole industry. Some loyal members wondered if the growing number of RAG events might eventually have a negative impact. Can our unique model keep scaling up? We’ve shown that RAG has been able to do just that and we haven’t compromised the open nature of participation or the quality of the conference agendas.
You wanted membership to continue to be free. We listened. You wanted to still be able to attend every conference and meeting for free. We listened. You wanted to know if RAG could come to your country. We listened. But we haven’t just listened – we’re making all these things happen, thanks to sponsors who believe in taking RAG to new places. In two months RAG makes its first voyage outside of the UK. I can’t wait.
Deutsche Telekom Group will host the next RAG conference at their offices in Bonn, Germany (pictured above). RAG Bonn will take place on the 21st and 22nd of June. It is already shaping up to be another event that telecoms risk, fraud and assurance professionals can’t afford to miss. Check out below for some of the highlights, or take a look at our confirmed speakers.
- Gjurgjica ‘Gina’ Pesheva of Deutsche Telekom will open the conference with her keynote presentation.
- Anthony Sani, who runs RAFM for MTN Group, will speak about the importance of professional education.
- Atul Jain, CEO and founder of TEOCO, will fly in from the USA to tell us about the power of thinking differently.
- Rene Felber of the TM Forum and Telia Finland will discuss the latest developments in revenue assurance practices.
- Senior risk professional Lee Scargall will share the results of his survey into telecoms risk management.
- There will be a variety of expert panels, covering topics like: the use of shared service centres (SSCs) for RAFM work; how the assurance mindset can be applied to other parts of the telco; the latest developments in managing credit risk; and how technology is changing fraud management.
RAG is run for the experts, by the experts, and you can meet them in Bonn this June. The RAG adventure is coming to Germany thanks to the generosity of Deutsche Telekom. We appreciate their support, but we also intend to reward them with a world-class event that will provide lots of information and insight to Deutsche Telekom’s team. You can join them. You just need to make the journey too. If you do, then maybe you will want RAG to come to your telco next.