There is a lot happening in the United Arab Emirates. The World Expo began in Dubai in October and continues until the end of March. Fans of very fast sports must have seen the Abu Dhabi showdown to the Formula 1 season that was held on Sunday, whilst fans of slower sports will have been following the World Chess Championship. It is unlikely many of you will attend the 37th World Veterinary Association Congress but I am pleased to see how many have already registered for RAG Dubai 2022, the second time the Risk & Assurance Group has arranged a free conference for telecoms risk and assurance professionals in the Middle East. We will enjoy the plush surroundings of the Falcon Ballroom at Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre (pictured above) on February 15 and 16. Some excellent speakers have already confirmed their participation, including:
- Dr. Eman Gawish, Revenue Assurance General Manager at Telecom Egypt and Lecturer at Nile University
- Bareah Al Shanqiti, Revenue Assurance Senior Director at Saudi Arabia’s Integrated Telecom Company (ITC)
- Farhan Malik, Advisor to the Chief Audit Executive at Omantel
- Martyn Jones, Revenue Assurance & Business Intelligence Manager for Virgin Mobile’s Middle Eastern operations
- Malick Aissi, VP of Business Assurance and Risk at international wholesale carrier Tofane Global/iBasis
- Lee Scargall, cybersecurity consultant, co-host of RAG TV and former Director of Risk, RA and Fraud at Ooredoo Group
The problems of the last two years mean I want to remain open to augmenting the panels at the conference by involving risk professionals who have done important work for communications providers during that time but who have been frustrated by the lack of opportunities to network and share their discoveries. If you are someone like that, or know someone like that, then get in touch and tell us about the innovative work we should be discussing at the conference.
Even if you prefer not to speak from the stage, I still want to see a large number of professionals networking with their peers and helping each other to find new solutions to common problems. RAG conferences always attract the best audiences because we never charge fees to employees of communications providers. If you are employed by a comms provider then register for your free seat by clicking here. You can also find more information including the biographies of all the confirmed speakers at the RAG Dubai 2022 webpage.