Once again my selection of the most important events of 2018 differed from the most-read articles of the year. But if risk management was as simple as drawing attention to the most obvious dangers then anybody could be a good risk manager! Many of the leading articles scored well because new visitors kept googling and finding them each month. They addressed subjects which interest a wide audience but which have not been covered in any depth elsewhere.
The following list is in ranking order of popularity, as measured across the whole of 2018.
- beIN or Out? Why Saudi Sports Fans Pirate Qatari TV
- Review of the Udacity Data Analyst Nanodegree
- Cox Communications VP Pleads Guilty to Multimillion Dollar Fraud
- Revisiting the Udacity Data Analyst Nanodegree
- WeDo Embarrass Themselves With 3-Year Old Fraud Stat
- Management Shake-Up at Neural Technologies
- Bypass: Time for a Rethink?
- Big Data Machine Learning: Telco Fraud Detection Points the Way
- Four Key Themes from the RAG Sydney Conference
- An Argument for RA Managed Services
And these were the ten articles that received most attention during December.
- WeDo’s Performance and What It Means for RAFM
- Free Simbox Map Offered by LATRO
- WeDo Ranked #1 RAFM Market Leader with Only 15% Share
- The Unsung Heroes of the Year
- Free CDR Analytics Toolkit Released by Not-for-Profit
- Utilities and Telcos: Different Domains, Similar Challenges
- Fraud WeDo Fraud Reveals Fraud Marketing Fraud Strategy Fraud (and What This Means for RA)
- Expensive Ghanian National RA System Relies on Test Calls (Like Everybody Else)
- The Only 2019 Prediction You Should Worry About
- Corruption: The Often Neglected Focus