I began this week with my review of 2020, but which articles mattered most to Commsrisk’s readers? It has been an astonishing period for Commrisk, with Google reporting that the total number of visitors during 2020 was 54 percent higher than the year before. Coronavirus and changes in working patterns clearly had an impact, but so did some blockbusting stories about corruption, crime and financial losses. However, the most popular article of the year featured a small but important lesson about members of our profession needing to be wary of who they trust online.
Here are the top ten stories of the year, ranked by unique pageviews:
- Who Is in Your WhatsApp Group?
- Tanzania Arrests CEO of Vietnamese-Owned Telco
- Subex CFO Proposes Major Capital Restructuring
- EU Gives €1.8mn to Develop New Mobileum 5G RAFM Platform
- Obituary for Ambrose Nwadike
- Managing Fraud Risk during a COVID-19 Shutdown
- A Breakdown of the CFCA Fraud Survey Results
- Mobileum Buys SIGOS to Dominate Telco Assurance and Testing Market
- Nine Telco Insiders Arrested for Bypass Fraud in Venezuela
- Telco CEO Charged with Fraud after 10-Year Investigation
And these were the most popular articles during the month of December.
- Why Did Revenue Assurance Fail to Spread to Other Sectors?
- The Unsung Heroes of 2020
- Wholesale Carriers Lose 3.8% of Revenues to Frauds and Leakages
- How Much Are Revenue Assurance Professionals Paid?
- Stakeholder Management: The Most Important Skill in Business Assurance?
- All Leakages and Frauds Suffered by Comms Providers, Ranked by Value
- Subex CEO Emphasizes Transition to ‘Multi-Vertical’ Vendor in TV Interview
- Why Call Spoofing Will Not Be Stopped by Digital Signatures
- $28mn Penalty for Telco and Execs Accused of Fraud
- The Changing Risk Profile for Revenue Share Numbers