April saw a new all-time record for the number of visitors to Commsrisk during a calendar month. This confirms the website is back on the same accelerated growth path that began in mid-2020 but which briefly quietened around December and January. The new norm for the rise in the Commsrisk audience is best explained by observing that this is the fourth time that the record for the number of monthly visitors has been broken since June 2020. The average number of monthly visitors since June 2020 is a third higher than the previous record number of monthly visitors set in July 2019.
These were the ten most popular articles on Commsrisk during April.
- UK Regulator Hints at Considering STIR/SHAKEN
- New German Law Forces Telcos to Assist State Surveillance with IMSI-Catchers
- US Extradites Australian and Chinese for $50mn Premium SMS Billing Scam
- Stop Simbox Fraud in Your Network with AB Handshake
- Only 1 in 5 Mobile Operators Believe GSMA/3GPP Security Guidelines Cover All Signaling Threats
- Australia Blocked 11mn Wangiri and 44mn Spoofed Calls Since December
- Disturbing New SMS Hijack Blamed on NetNumber IDs
- Police Fight a Losing Battle Against Encrypted Comms
- RAG TV: The Scale of A2P SMS Bypass Fraud
- Wangiri Warnings in Bulgaria, Ireland and Norway