They say no news is good news, but Commsrisk’s audience proved that wrong during January by flocking to the story that a new firewall helped Vodafone UK to massively reduce the number of scam text messages received by subscribers. We can only hope that more executives realize that fighting fraud yields positive returns, and we must push corporate communication departments to share good news whenever their business succeeds in protecting customers from harm. There was also lots of interest in the agenda assembled for RAG Dubai, the first Middle Eastern conference of the Risk & Assurance Group since 2019.
The following rundown shows the ten most popular Commsrisk articles during January, as measured by unique page views.
- Vodafone UK Reports 76% Drop in SMS Scams after Implementing Firewall
- Top Telco Speakers Lined Up for RAG Dubai Conference
- Belgium to Introduce Automated Blocking of SMS Messages
- Anatomy of a Billing Error That Took 15 Years to Resolve
- Government Minister Says Mobile Money Revenue Leakages Are a Threat to National Security
- Hackers Access Mobile Operator’s Billing Records
- Adoption of Anti-Smishing Registry in Singapore and Ireland Prompts Dispute over Its Effectiveness in UK
- New Paper Explains How to Secure SMS in the 5G Era
- New Data Shows Big Flaw in STIR/SHAKEN Is Now Even Worse
- The Commsrisk Review of 2021