Commsrisk traffic fell after the record-breaking high of April, but May still ranked as the seventh-highest month for traffic since Commsrisk began. Based on the averages since the beginning of the year, it will only take until September before Commsrisk surpasses the total number of visitors received during the whole of 2018.
The recurring theme during May was worldwide concern with the rise in wangiri fraud. It hence came as no surprise that the top story was about a cross-industry initiative to use blockchain to share data about wangiri. There was also a lot of interest in Joseph Nderitu’s letter of thanks to the professional community. Joseph conveyed his gratitude for the wide-ranging support he received after being wrongly arrested on bogus charges of bypass fraud.
The following rundown shows the ten most popular Commsrisk articles during May.
- New Wangiri Blockchain Solution from Orillion and RAG
- Finding My Freedom: A Letter of Thanks
- Algérie Télécom Invites Bids for RAFM Solution
- Wangiri Re-Purposed to Target Customer Contact Centers
- RAG Signs Deals with 13 Global Sponsors
- Was Subex Really on the ‘Brink of Disaster’?
- SIM Swapper Ordered to Pay $76mn in Damages
- Wangiri Warnings in the USA and Pakistan
- Africa and India to Complete Global Cycle of Risk and Assurance Conferences
- What’s Up with WhatsApp?