RAG New Orleans 2022 will be the first in-person conference that the Risk & Assurance Group has held in North America since RAG Toronto in 2019. This gathering is long overdue; there is so much that comms providers need to discuss about the way we collectively manage security, fraud, privacy and revenue integrity risks. That is why the agenda includes such heavy-hitting speakers as:
- Kathy Romano. Kathy will talk about her role since her appointment as a Vice President at Discovery and her approach to ensuring consumer billing and payments remain accurate whilst adapting to the challenges posed by Discovery’s new streaming services.
- Eric Burger. Nobody is better placed to identify the key cybersecurity challenges faced by communications providers than Eric, who is both a Professor at Georgetown University and an advisor to industry. Eric’s previous roles include Assistant Director at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and Chief Technology Officer at the FCC.
- Sha’ad Hossenbaccus. Millicom is delivering financial services to its mobile phone users across Latin America and has even begun taking payment in Bitcoin. Sha’ad will talk about managing the risks as his business leads the convergence of fintech and telecommunications for millions of customers in nine different countries.
- Matthew Gamble. As the Vice President of the Internet Society Canadian Chapter and somebody who has worked with comms providers such as EGATE Networks and Primus, Matthew has valuable insights into the impact that call authentication requirements will have on smaller telcos.
- Jacqui Biggart. How do you ‘sell’ the value of the service you provide when you manage security for one of Canada’s largest telcos? Jacqui will talk about how the value of her team is reflected in their dealings with other parts of her business.
- Terri Smith. Terri will join our Wise Heads panel, which gives experienced risk and assurance professionals free rein to discuss the state of the communications industry as well as the key takeaways from the conference. Whilst she was a Vice President at T‑Mobile, Terri oversaw the integration of financial systems during the merger of T‑Mobile with Sprint and the merger of T‑Mobile with MetroPCS, giving her a unique perspective on how to maintain integrity in the midst of change.
The conference will be held on April 5 and 6 at the University of New Orleans. As with all RAG events, employees of communications providers and internet platforms are welcome to attend free of charge; click here for the registration form. You can also learn more about the agenda and see the biographies of other speakers by visiting the conference webpage.